11 June 2020
- Knowledgebase replaces the old "My Overseer" portal. Access the Knowledgebase through the Knowledgebase link in the drop menu at the top right of the screen or by clicking on More info from any data entry tab. It is designed to be users first source of information should they require help with OverseerFM; users can access their Helpdesk tickets or request help from within the Knowledgebase.
- More help and information messages have been added within OverseerFM. Turn on in app help by selecting Help at the top right of the screen.
- Quick Search function allows users to search for farms, publications and Knowledgebase articles. The old farm search remains but has been renamed “Farms”.
- Check for S-Map soil updates. S-Map soil information may be out of date for some older analyses. A new function has been added to check the soil data in a farm and allow users to update the soil data for each analysis. Access this from the farm home screen by clicking on Check for S-Map soil updates.
- Analysis compare tool has been updated to provide more information when comparing analyses.
- Plantain has been added as a pasture type to start capturing that information. Modelling of plantain is currently being tested and so has not been released yet. Plantain pasture is currently modelled in the same way as ryegrass until the changes are available.
- Maintenance nutrients have been added to the compare blocks report under the overview tab.
- Version 6.3.3 corrects some modelling implementation errors with fertiliser applications, irrigation and how end weights are handled for some animal mobs. It also includes updates to LCA emission factors. Full details are available in the release notes here.
- Our Model diagrammatically describes the Overseer model, the interactions of the sub-models, and the farm data inputs that drive the model. It can be accessed through the Knowledgebase or from www.overseer.org.nz/our-model.
6 May 2020
- Year end analyses that have been deleted can be now be restored.
- Year end analyses can now be replaced with another analyses or publication.
- Block type can now be changed (eg. from pasture to crop), keeping the physical features and drawn areas. This option is available when viewing the blocks for an analysis.
- From the ‘Dashboard’ you can access all analyses published to your organisation by year and/or by status.
- Added a facility to upload 3rd party data files to create a partial analyses.
- Target N application rate as effluent can be entered for the effluent report. This can be set by editing the dairy effluent system. The effluent report is shown within the farm details report.
29 March 2020
- Farm groups provide a way for farmers, advisors and organisations to group farms enabling aggregated reporting and benchmarking. This supports farms working together to better manage nutrient losses. Farm groups can be created by selecting create farm group from the dashboard.
- The same aggregated and benchmark reporting that is used in farm groups is also available to organisations that have publications (analyses published to their organisation). The numbers of publications are shown on the dashboard, with access to reports for each year.
- A new tool for simplifying analyses is now available via the farm home screen. You will see a link called simplify under each analysis. This tool merges “like” blocks together to create a new analysis with less blocks to manage. This is particularly useful where analyses with blocks split by soil or irrigation were imported from Legacy.
- Publications can now be compared using the compare tool.
- Organisations that receive publications can now delete them if they are “draft” or “submitted”.
- The dashboard has been updated to show publications from the last week.
- Notifications on your dashboard have been simplified and organised such that it is more obvious what actions you need to take.
- Topography for pasture blocks has moved to the block setup screen.
- Pasture and runoff information can now be applied to multiple blocks at once, saving time in setting up similar pasture blocks.
- Livestock events can now be sorted by clicking on the column heading in the table on the animal enterprise screen. When entering events for a mob the events order by date when viewing an existing mob.
- Farms can be sorted by column in farm search. Click on the column heading to sort
24 February 2020
- Improved layout of dashboard to make actions and notifications clearer.
- Can now set the topography of a pasture block when adding/editing a block.
- Can pay for a farm subscription from my farms and the farm search screen.
- Can sort search results and my farms list by clicking on the table headings.
- Livestock events are ordered by date on the stock entry screen.
10 December 2019
- From the farm account overview screen you now have the ability to compare two analyses within a farm. You can compare the analysis results, physical characteristics and monthly numbers.
- We have updated the way to enter irrigation systems in response to user feedback. This provides the ability to draw multiple areas for an irrigation system, including half pivots. Also to change the percentage of block irrigated for non drawn irrigation systems.
- Enhancements to copy crops. The ability to copy crop block prior land use.
- We have also fixed a bug affecting urease inhibitors. If you use these products this will likely change your results. You will need to re-run your analysis to see the impact.
6 November 2019
- Based on user feedback, we have completely rewritten fertiliser management. This makes it easier to enter multiple applications and allows copying of applications between blocks. For help information select “Show help” on the top right of the screen when on the fertiliser screen.
- Overview screen will only show one row for each type of fertiliser per block. The amount is a total of all applications of that fertiliser in that month.
- Some additional information has been added to the compare blocks report. This now shows N in drainage, N added and N surplus for each block.
- The list of blocks for each soil has been moved into an expandable area under the row in the table. This provides more room to view all the blocks.
29 October 2019
- OverseerFM’s new carbon stock tool means you can now estimate how much carbon your tree blocks are sequestering.
8 September 2019
- New model release (version 6.3.2). To view the release notes click here: 6.3.2 release notes.
- Copy crops from one block to another. Edit the crops for the block you want to copy into. Select copy crops from another block, select the block to copy from and whether you wish to copy from previous or reporting year or both.
- Graph of phosphorus loss for blocks on the overview page.
- Graph of phosphorus loss and GHG emissions on the farm home screen.
- Area covered by irrigators in the irrigator list under the irrigator tab, in compare blocks and in the farm report.
- Button to scroll to the top of the page. Will appear at the bottom right of the screen when you have scrolled down the page.
- Resend a farm access request if you were not the original sender of the request from your organisation.
- Size of blocks and amount per hectare of supplements are displayed when adding harvest events.
- New block selector to make it easier to select multiple blocks at once.
27 August 2019
- Introduction of a guest access for farm accounts which enables you to create analyses within a farm before your access invitation is accepted. This access status does not allow a user to see any existing information in a farm account beyond farm name.
- Ability to view the ownership status of a farm (pending, owned and unowned) when using the farm search or request access form.
- Optimised performance for analyses with a large number of blocks.
- Manaaki Whenua Landcare Research released changes to SMap data on 27th August 2019. Overseer makes a copy of soil data when the block is set up and so no existing analyses will be impacted; however if you look up new soil data from SMap this will retrieve the latest soil data. Not all soils are affected, for information about the changes to SMap select the following link https://smap.landcareresearch.co.nz/data-provenance/#Aug19Update.
- To update any existing soil in OverseerFM, you need to re-load that soil data. We are looking at creating a function to enable this without having to reload every soil.
28 July 2019
- Can now draw multiple land areas for all blocks. Draw each land area as normal and then click on “Finished drawing” when done. The soil and climate data will be retrieved for all drawn areas.
- Model notes are shown on the farm/block detail reports. This was formerly known as Comments in legacy. The model needs to run to generate these notes; you can do this by editing the farm area and saving it without making any changes. The comments are generated for each soil/irrigation combination.
- The block area is shown on each screen where blocks are listed. eg. under pasture/crops tab.
- There has been a misunderstanding when trying to provide access to a farm. Users have been invited to join the organisation instead and so additional messaging has been added to try and explain this better.
- Custom nutrient values for fertiliser, supplements, effluent, irrigation and lime can now be defined at an organisation level by an administrator of an organisation. This allows them to be shared by all users within that organisation.
1 July 2019
- Support for outdoor pig enterprises.
- Create option to show or hide help information on the top menu. Some additional information is provided under each tab of the application.
- Can specify change in soil organic matter for soils.
- Publication guide under support guides (select support under your name on the right hand side of the menu) and when in the publish analysis screen.
- The audit log will only show when the analysis results have changed. If a change in fertiliser is made this is shown. Other changes will be included in the future.
- Improvements to farm details report.
6 June 2019
- Import soil series data from farm files as soil group and order.
- Change number of bale equivalent field in supplements to be kg of DM in each bale. Default value is 20kg.
- Generate default soil tests for blocks. These will be shown on the soil tab under an analysis. They can be edited to override the defaults. You may select multiple blocks for a single soil test.
- Reorganised compare blocks report so can handle more blocks and fit on a page when printing. Show soil test information on compare blocks.
- Show months that animals are on crops in crop screen and on reports.
- Show months animals are on fruit blocks.
- Add support for use of DCD.
- More information has been added to the farm details report. This includes a list of blocks and results, list of structures and effluent systems, results for each soil and irrigator, month table for each block showing crops, fertiliser nutrients, irrigation and animals.
- Sends an email to the farm owner when a request for farm access is created.
- Can enter a company reference for a farm when paying for a subscription.
- Support for animals that are housed all year round.
26 April 2019
- Non-farm animals grazing on crop blocks are now shown on the animals and overview screen.
- Can now use a default total farm area based on the block sizes and a calculated percentage that is not productive.
- Farm files that contain soil series can be uploaded however the soil will not be imported.
- Farm files that contain fertiliser by form can now be uploaded however the fertiliser will not be uploaded.
- Ability to expand and collapse sub menus of a nutrient budget on the farm report.
- Enhancements to the detailed and summary API.
- Can now delete publications that have been published to your own organisation.
28 March 2019
- Can now enter defoliation events on crops for more than one month at a time.
- New logos for each of the products (FM, Education and Science).
- Can now enter a farm identifier on a publication.
- Can add comments to analyses. If import a farm file from legacy the farm description will be loaded as a comment.
- Farm details report (under Overview) shows all information about the farm system and results. It also provides a way to PDF or print the entire analysis.
- If you have submitted a request to support you can now view and submit new comments under that request.
- Some menu items at the top of the screen have moved under your profile menu at the top right of the screen. These menu items are My organisation, Support and Custom.
- Show animals that are not part of your enterprise (non-farm) on crop blocks under the animals and overview tabs.
- Show farm access request comments on dashboard.
- Farm access request will no longer expire but can be removed by the person that created the request.
- Can now enter a latitude and longitude for a block that will be used to get the climate information. This will override using the centre of the block to get climate.
- Can now enter one decimal place for supplement weights (eg. 3.4 tonnes).
- Can now expand the animal enterprise under block pasture & diet report (in Animal report) to view the list of mobs in that enterprise.
- Show soil drainage profile in the list of soils under the Soils tab.
- Have added some messaging for each of the crop categories when adding a new crop. This provides some explanation what can be done with these crops.
- Councils can assign “agents” to review/audit publications on their behalf.
12 February 2019
- We have updated the Overseer science engine to correct a defect that has been identified related to fodder crop blocks. We have also made a change to use annual emmision factors for nitrous oxide in the greenhouse gas reports. This will effect the greenhouse gas results. You can see the previous results (v6.3.0) for analyses on the farm home screen. For more information about the fodder crop change please click here: 6.3.1 release notes.
10 December 2018
- Show icons for prior land use on crop blocks.
- Enhancements to publications and viewing them on the farm home screen. Each publication is now listed below the analysis.
- New block details report that shows the details for each block. Select the Overview tab and then the Block Details sub tab to view the report. If you have drawn blocks, a map is shown, and you can select different blocks from the map.
- Block details report shows N pools graphs for each block.
- New farm summary report that groups soils, crops/pasture, animals, supplements, fertilisers and irrigation across the whole farm. Access this under the Overview tab and then select the Farm Details sub tab.
- Can now copy GHG settings when making a copy of an analysis.
- New supplement (DDG) is now available for dairy goats.
- Some cosmetic improvements to farm home, audit, analysis settings and creation of an analysis screens.
- Enhancement to livestock events to prevent errors in data entry.
- Allow spaces and “_” in farm identifiers.
We have resolved some defects within the existing Overseer code.
- Error when distributing supplements to a seed crop with animals.
- Over estimating dry matter growth for supplements harvested from a Lucerne block.
- Over estimating dry matter pasture production for rye grass that has been harvested from a crop block. This created a high production error in some cases.
- Error when crop prior grazing changes from farm stock to non-farm animals.
8 November 2018
- A new list of fertiliser products from Fertmark certified providers Ballance, Ravensdown, Fertco, TerraCare and Viafos.
- GHG settings for fuel use, contracting services, application methods, transport and electricity use. Access these settings under the GHG tab.
- Create your own custom compositions for fertilisers, irrigation, supplements and dairy effluent. Select Custom from top of the screen to set up compositions. Once created you can use these compositions when adding fertiliser, irrigators or importing supplements.
- Improved fertiliser screens to allow changing of products/compositions for existing applications.
- Link the dairy effluent system to the milking shed for managing effluent
- Some additional help on analysis screens. Selecting Help at the top of the screen or ‘?’ at the bottom will toggle additional help on/off.
- Some improvements to the formatting of output information when printing. Some screens will format better in landscape, while portrait is appropriate for others.
- The dry matter for supplements is shown when creating harvest events.
- Can view the wetlands description guide from within the wetlands screen. It is quite a large document so might take some time to download.
- Can now remove the S-Map soil outline within the block screen.
We have found two issues with the existing Overseer that we have fixed in this release of OverseerFM. This will have some effect on numbers for analyses that have certain supplements.
- Seasonal harvesting of Lucernce cuts were not being recognised.
- All imported supplements were set to hay/silage type and so there is a slight change to results for some supplement types (greens, grains and vegetables).
20 September 2018
- Drawing of more than one area of land for non-productive blocks (trees, house, riparian or wetlands).
- Soil properties can be changed from the SMap and soil order defaults. This should only be used if you have a proven difference to the default values.
- We have made it easier to use the same soil definition across your blocks. Simply select from the existing soil list after drawing your block, rather then add a new soil.
- Log in or register using your Facebook or Google credentials. For existing users the email address must match the email used to register with OverseerFM.
- View the nitrogen and phosphorous summary for the farm under the overview tab.
- GHG results are shown under the overview tab