When a feed error occurs in OverseerFM, there are a number of key place to check the data inputs are entered correctly. An error with these inputs can cause an imbalance with the ME required and ME supplied. Inputs to check with in the model are:
- Crop area
- Crop yield
- Extra defoliation
- Destination of the crop (say between storage, structure, on pasture)
- Months grazed
- The percentage grazed by each enterprise
- Amount made, imported or fed out from storage
- Destination (off farm, storage, structures, animals, block)
- Timing of feeding – Leave Specify feeding % by months unchecked, allow the model to allocate the supplement.
Note: When adjusting the distribution of crops and supplements fed between enterprises first address those not grazing permanent pasture and then distribute the remainder to other enterprises.
- Monthly numbers or peak cow numbers
- Animal weights or Age at start are correct
- Check animals have been assigned to the correct mobs
- Milk production
- Leftover feed (dairy goats only)