OverseerFM connects farms to science to allow farmers to better understand their nutrient budgets to inform farm business planning decisions.
What will OverseerFM tell me about my farm?
- The main drivers of nutrient loss on my farm
- The 'hotspot' blocks that lose the most nutrients
- The level and source of GHG emissions, e.g. entric, effluent, fertiliser
- The amount of carbon my trees are sequestering
- The impact for different farm management scenarios, i.e. if I adjust
factors I can control, such as irrigation, stocking rate, land put into trees,
cultivation method, winter grazing, fertiliser rate and timing
- The amount of effluent I am applying / ha
- My nutrient maintenance requirements for each block
What could I ask my consultant?
- How to see my farm results trend over time
- How to check my farm details to confirm they are a good reflection of my farm
- How to interpret my results
- What robustness checks I can use if I'm doing my own modelling
- How to grant access to my consultant or supply company
- What the benefits are of joining a farm group and what we can see
of each other's farms
- How to share results with my supply company or regional council
- What I can do to make my modelling even easier next time