A fodder crop is defined as a crop that rotates through one or more pasture blocks. Therefore, the area of the fodder crop is not entered as a block but it is entered in the Pasture/Crop input tab as a fodder crop rotation and the pastoral blocks that the fodder crop rotates through are selected.
- Select +Add Fodder Crop Rotation at the top left of the input screen. This input box will appear.
- Enter the name and area (ha) of the crop
- Month resown in pasture is the month permanent pasture is resown after the fodder or forage crop has been defoliated (grazed or harvested).
- Month since fertiliser/effluent applied to pasture is referring to the period prior to the first month of the fodder crop rotation
- Select the pasture block the fodder crop rotate through, more than one block can be selected.
- Enter crop information (cultivation, crop, yield) and defoliation's (grazed in-situ or cut and carry)
Remember to enter all fertiliser that is applied, including fertiliser that is applied to the pasture component of the block.